Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
If you are experiencing problems with our guides, please contact Janet S. Ward,
email@example.com, Associate Professor and Web Services Librarian.
Welcome to the Library Guide for SW 350!
Please use the tabs above to find helpful resources and tools to start your research. If you need help finding sources or with citing sources, contact your librarians for assistance!
Why Do We Need Social Work Research?
From the Social Work Policy Institute:
"Social work research informs professional practice. Through social work research, the profession can:
- Assess the needs and resources of people in their environments
- Evaluate the effectiveness of social work services in meeting peoples needs
- Demonstrate relative costs and benefits of social work services
- Advance professional education in light of changing contexts for practice
- Understand the impact of legislation and social policy on the clients and communities we serve"
Reference: Research. (2017). Social Work Policy Institute. Retrieved from http://www.socialworkpolicy.org/research