1. Go to the AJ Eastwood Library YouTube channel and browse the playlists for a video you would like to add. Click on Share below the film viewer. Highlight the "URL", and right-click to "Copy". You may also use CRTL + C to copy the highlighted web address. The link will work both on-campus and off.
You have the option to Share a link to the video, as shown below:
Or you can select Embed to place the video code inside a Blackboard course for viewing. embed code for the video. Simply copy the embed code and paste it into Blackboard or a website. An example of the embed code is shown below:
Adding the Link to a Blackboard Course
2. Next, log into Blackboard, select the course, and navigate to the area where the link will be placed. You can add a link directly on the course menu or to a content folder. If you would like to add a Web Link to a folder, you need to create the folder first and then go to the folder page before adding the link.
3. From the build content menu, select "Web link".
3. Enter a Name for the web link. The title of a web link is what your students see. Right click on the Web Address (URL) box and select "Paste". You may use CTRL + V to paste the link. Fill in the optional fields if you'd like and press the submit button (bottom right).
4. To preview the web link to make sure the address is correct, make sure "Edit Mode" is set to OFF. Click on the title of the web link you just added.
YouTube also gives you the ability to share an entire playlist. The AJ Eastwood Library YouTube channel is arranged by topics in a playlist. To share all videos included in a playlist click on the playlist title, such as Library Orientation. You will be directed to a new page showing all the videos in the playlist. Select Share to obtain a link to the playlist, or Embed to get the code for inserting all the videos in Blackboard or a website, as shown below:
If you would like to browse all the Limestone University library tutorials in one location visit the AJ Eastwood Library YouTube page. The tutorials located here are organized by category.
Each tutorial offers a link to share or embed the video.