Wireless Access Instructions
Instructions for Connecting to Limestone Wireless - Windows Based
- There are two steps to connect to the wireless Internet. In the lower right corner of your desktop, look for the icon that lets you view wireless networks (hold mouse over each icon near the clock to find which is wireless). Click view wireless networks icon. From the list of wireless connections, students will select (highlight) Limestone-Guest WiFi network on your laptop.
- Open a web browser (Chrome, IE, Firefox) and browse to any new web page.
- On the Guest login page at the bottom, click on the "Limestone WiFi Configuration Utility" link. Let the utility run.
- In the notification area at the bottom right of your screen, select the WiFi icon with a right-click and select "Limestone".
- When your device prompts you, enter your Limestone username/password (same username and passowrd for your Limestone College email and Blackboard logins) and click "join" or "ok".
- You will then be connected to the Student Limestone Network. This connection will be valid until your password changes.
Instructions for Connecting to Limestone Wireless - Non-Windows Based
- Select the "Limestone" WiFi network on your tablet, smartphone, or laptop.
- When your device prompts you, enter your Limestone College username and password (same username and password used for your Limestone College email and Blackboard logins) and click "join" or "ok".
- You will the be connected to the Student Limestone Network. This connection will be valid until your password changes.
Wireless Access On Campus
A. J. Eastwood Library provides wireless access (WIFI) for all Limestone faculty, staff, and students. Limestone students, faculty and staff are allowed to access the wireless network through an authentication process by using use their Limestone username and password to login. Wireless access points cover the first, second floor, conference room, and curriculum lab of the library. Additional wireless Internet hot spots on campus are located in Winnie Davis, Granberry, Hamrick, Cooper East, New Residence Hall, Fort - D, Stephenson Dining Hall, Dixie, Griffin PE Center, Montgomery, Student and PE Center, Timken Gymnasium, and Fullerton Auditorium.
Common Problems with Wireless Access
AOL - America Online
America Online is an Online Service Provider with available connections to the Internet. The AOL Web Browser is incompatible with the Library web server. Solution - AOL usually installs a copy of Internet Explorer with its own software. Launch AOL, minimize their browser and start Internet Explorer. This should allow regular access.
Assistant Professor/Assistant Director/Web Services Librarian
Assistant Professor/Assistant Director/Web Services Librarian/Electronic Resources
Adjunct Professor of Computer Science
AJ Eastwood Library
Web Services, Electronic Resources, Computer Science, Databases, ebooks, wireless access, Library Guides, Student Success @ Limestone College, ID 100, ID 110, CS 103, CS 102, ID 305.
Spartanburg Community College, Clemson University, Limestone College, University of South Carolina Graduate School